Saturday, October 22, 2005

Twilight photography

A few years ago I spent a week with the great John Sexton. One of the many many things I learnt from the great master was not to pack up the camera once the sun's gone down. While we exposed 30 second to 5 minute shots we often stared up at the stars, it was that dark.

While Rachel took the boys off for a pre-dinner hot chocolate at a local cafe I wondered around the park with the camera bag and tripod. To be honest I wasn't thrilled with any of the shots but this one will hopefully show you what can be achieved with very low light.


Details: Walpole Park, Ealing UK
22/10/05, 18:14 (sunset was 17:53)
Canon 20D, ISO-100, RAW
15secs @ f5.6
70-200 2.8L @ 160mm
tripod and mirror lock

1 Comments:

Blogger Marius Muscalu said...

thnak you for the link...thank you very much ! i have also put a link on my photoblog...i will return to see your latest work.

28 October, 2005 00:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home