Friday, November 11, 2005

Long time, no blog

It seems like ages but in fact it's only been a few day. The weather's been on and off since the weekend and I've just been too busy with work to nip out and take photographs. Yesterday my infrared filter (Hoya R72) finally arrived from Hong Kong, I bought it on eBay for about $140, a 77mm filter costs nearly $300 in the shops. I was inspired by a number of postings from people who had tried infrared photography with digital cameras. Unfortunately I didn't have much time to try it out due to work but I did grab a quick snap out of my office window and I can tell you, it's definitely infrared and you're going to see some interesting posts on or after the weekend (assuming it's sunny).

So, just to add a few photos I've got two for you today, both of them a few weeks old now. The first was taken on holiday in Tuscany in August, like a few others here it's been adjusted.


The original...


The second I took a few weeks ago in the park with my boys, the youngest, Pierre, took a fancy to a sweet little girl (Eva) who was about the same age. Eventually we had to split them up and I caught this as they "said goodbye".

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a big fan of selective colour Photoshop'ing, so your Tuscan shot doesn't do a lot for me. The strength of the orange juxtapositioned with the b/w is too jarring, IMO. A softer colour would have worked better.

The snap of your son is a great 'photo moment' - excellent timing!

13 November, 2005 20:03  
Blogger John T Davies said...

Dear anonymous,
You are quite right about the saturation of the orange in fact it's a left-over from the selection process. I have corrected the saturation and the range is now true to the original. Thaks for your commnet.

14 November, 2005 00:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home